More Trees is a platform that enables you to plant trees for yourself, your business and others, from as little as £1. From the platform you can:
• Access a dashboard of your tree planting statistics
• Plant trees for yourself or your business
• Plant trees for others, and customise the message they receive
• Access the API to plant trees automatically
• View and download tree planting certificates generated for each tree planted
• Utilise our website widgets - track your live tree planting numbers and share with customers
• Access your virtual forest- watch your forest grow as you fund more trees to be planted
More Trees is creating a movement that recognises our collective responsibility for protecting planet Earth and understands that every tree planted is another step towards combating climate change, preserving biodiversity, reducing poverty and safeguarding future generations.
We want to make tree planting cost-effective, and easy to integrate into everyday life, whether planting for a friend/family member, or gifting a tree to a client, customer, or business.
When you sign up to the platform, you can opt-in for quarterly newsletters which will send updates on projects, new features, promotions and much more.
1. Sign up to the platform for free here.
2. Decide how you want to plant – plant now, subscribe or automate via API
3. Decide where you want to plant – choose from our 6 project locations
4. Decide who you want to plant for – whether for yourself, or gift a tree to others.
5. Get planting from £1 a tree– either pre-load your account with credits, pay as you plant via debit/credit card, or raise an invoice and pay via bank transfer.
From £1-£2 per tree, depending on which tree planting project you support.
More Trees is free to join, with no minimum commitment or subscription (unless you set up a monthly or yearly subscription in your account).
You can pre-load your More Trees account with credits to make bulk purchases, planting trees as and when needed. Credit your account via bank transfer or debit/credit card and use the credits to plant trees as and when you’d like (there’s no expiry). You can also pay as you plant if you prefer.
There’s no minimum spend required, you can plant trees as and when you’d like.
You can plant trees in multiple ways:
• Plant a tree now (for customers, family, friends, businesses)
• Plant via subscription
• Plant via integration (automate tree planting)
You can automatically plant trees, integrating a website or app with More Trees to plant trees on request using:
• Our API
• Our Zapier integration (only compatible with specific apps/websites)
For example, you can automatically plant a tree for every:
• Order over £10
• New review
• Paid invoice
• New customer
We send quarterly newsletters updating our members on the progress of our projects, as well as sharing the exact coordinates of each project – feel free to look them up on Google Maps. See more project details here.
We work with tree planting partners to plant the trees you fund. They have the skills, expertise, and resources to plant trees in the best manner possible while making a positive impact in the local area.
We work with our tree planting partners closely to plant the tree species best suited for the season, weather, terrain etc., and keep the survivability rate of the tree high.
Extensively. We heavily research every partner we work with to ensure:
1. They are planting the trees and have reliable methods for accounting for seeds, saplings and trees planted.
2. They’re planting trees in a way to maximise survival rates (e.g. only planting indigenous tree species and planting in the right seasons).
3. They’re making a positive impact in the local community (e.g. educating locals, planting agroforestry trees, supporting different projects). We only partner with the projects you’d be happy to support.
The current projects available to plant in on the More Trees platform include:
• British Colombia, Canada
• Cariboo, Canada
• West & Nippes Department of Haiti
• Mombasa, Kenya
• East Rwanda
• Kilimanjaro region and Tanga region, Tanzania
These projects are run by our tree planting partners Veritree and Forest Focus. You can find more information about these projects here.
Not yet! We’re working hard to secure a UK tree planting project, at a price per tree that you would be willing to pay. If you think you can help, please get in touch via email@example.com.
Our projects range from 75-95% survival rate depending on the project chosen to fund.
We work with our tree planting partners to plant trees as quickly as the planting seasons allow, to give the maximum chances of survival.
Trees absorb carbon dioxide through the process of photosynthesis – absorbing CO2 from the air and releasing oxygen and locking up the carbon until the end of the tree’s life. While all plants absorb carbon dioxide, trees absorb significantly more because of their size, roots, and average life span.
The amount of carbon each tree captures depends on the tree type, location, and life. We plant a mix of mangrove, agroforestry, conifer trees and kelp. Each tree captures various amounts of carbon over its lifetime (which ranges based on tree species) ranging from 0.006 tonnes for kelp to 1.6 to 2.58 tonnes CO2. All calculations are estimates based on information from credible sources such as the European Environment Agency, DEFRA, and our tree planting partners.
In your More Trees account you can see the impact made with the trees you’ve planted in your dashboard, or alternatively in your virtual forest.
Aligned to the Green Claims Code, planting trees does not offset carbon, but captures and stores carbon over time. Planting trees contributes to capturing carbon dioxide from our atmosphere as well as protecting biodiversity and restoring vital forest zones.
Yes – if you plant trees with More Trees and sign up for an account, you will have access to our partner resources and logos. We can also work together to create partnership posts and support your communications.
More Trees is not a charity. Our goal is to help people and businesses plant one billion trees as quickly as possible (the planet isn’t waiting!) and we felt that becoming a charity would limit the speed we could achieve this.
Yes, you can set up a subscription in your More Trees account, once signed up. You can set up a subscription to plant your chosen number of trees per month or per year.
As well as receiving discount on monthly or yearly subscriptions, they also allow you to make a regular commitment to tree planting and do your part in saving the planet.
Please reach out and we can provide a marketing deck that can support in best-practice terminology that align with the Green Claims Code, as well as project information and imagery.
On the platform, you’ll be able to utilise our member resources such as email templates, tree planting certificates, virtual forest and website widgets to track and share your impact.